100% natural CombiGuard EcoWool mulch mats are manufactured from waste wool.
EcoWool allows water penetration and retains moisture in soil. Boosts root growth and maintains higher soil temperature in winter. Stabilises soil and reduces erosion - ideal for sloping sites. These mats can be used with any of our tree guards or as replacements for the CombiGuard unit.
Important – Before installing mulch matting or weed matting thorough eradication of weeds from the area to be covered is strongly recommended. We advise spraying the site with a systemic herbicide such as Roundup Renew or Ken-up Aquatic 360, allowing a day or two before installing the matting. See the ‘Chemicals & Sprays’ section of our website for more info.
- Eco-Wool© reduces planting stress - stays damp for hours and allows effective penetration of water and fertilizer and circulation of air. Also reduces evaporation and keeps soil temperature up in cold conditions.
- Eco-Wool© feeds your plants - contains the following nutrients: nitrogen, sulphur, sodium, potassium and magnesium. These nutrients are naturally released into the soil over time.
- Eco-Wool© eliminates herbicide requirements - is designed to block out sunlight thereby effectively suppressing unwanted competing vegetation regrowth around the plant. No need for ongoing hazardous use of chemical herbicide sprays.
- Eco-Wool© is easy on the eye - Visual pollution is today a greater consideration on revegetation projects than ever before. Eco-Wool© merges unobtrusively with the natural landscape as opposed to some synthetic products.
- Eco-Wool© lasts the distance - is designed to gradually biodegrade approximately 2-3 years after installation (may reduce in wet conditions), giving plants ample time to get established free from competing weeds.
These mats are sold in multiples of 100.
Prices below are per pack of 100.
When you enter a Qty of 1, you are getting 100 mats.