- Track your orders
- Save your details for express checkout
- Join our loyalty points scheme and receive points and future discounts with every purchase
Pondering what to do with your used plastic guards? We have a solution!
Advance Landscape Systems are excited to announce our recent partnership with Future Post, a plastic recycling company turning waste plastic into fence posts.
While we pride ourselves in stocking an ever-growing range of biodegradable and sustainable plant guards, many of our customers still prefer to opt for our range of KBC plastic guards which are particularly suited to certain environments and are among the most cost-effective options. We always encourage customers to re-use the guards where possible, however there comes a time when the guard is no longer needed.
With our commitment to providing sustainable options to our customers, the Plastic Question is something we have been pondering for some time as a company. How could we provide a range of product options to suit all customers, while maintaining our sustainability commitment and reducing the environmental impact of our products?
Future Post are an innovative NZ company that have found a way to recycle domestic and commercial plastic waste, which they use to produce BioGro™ certified fence posts. This has the two-fold benefit of reducing the amount of plastic waste going into landfill, as well as providing an alternative option to treated timber fencing which can cause the leaching of chemicals into the soil and waterways. Future Post offers a partnership program to like-minded companies wanting to provide a recycling option for their plastic products.
What this means is that when plants are well established and no longer require protection from pests and other elements, the KBC plastic guards can now simply be returned to us. Our team will then collate and send the guards to Future Post, to be processed through their recycling facility and manufactured into fence posts. It’s a simple way for us to continue creating a positive environmental and social impact.
If you are an Advance customer and wish to take advantage of our new recycling program with Future Post, it’s easy.
1. We accept any KBC TriGuards & Squareguards (green) or our Combiguard sleeves (tan & green)
2. We will require a proof of purchase (yes, we only take our guards back ;-D)
3. Package up your guards, no need to clean them at all!
4. Either drop them off at our Christchurch branch - 491 Waterloo Road, Islington, our Auckland branch - 126 Captain Springs Road, Onehunga or our Whangarei branch - 6 Springs Flat Road, Kamo or send to the following address;
Future Post Recycling Program
c/o Advance Landscape Systems
126 Captain Springs Road