2m x 30m rolls, 60m3
to view our 1000gsm EcoWool Mulch Mat Rolls.
100% natural EcoWool Mulch Matting (600gsm) is manufactured from waste wool and is recommended for small and large scale planting projects where soil conservation and weed suppression are required. EcoWool allows water penetration and retains moisture in soil. Boosts root growth and maintains higher soil temperature in winter. Stabilises soil and reduces erosion - ideal for sloping sites.
We always recommend using Advance Landscape Pins to secure your matting:
Wish to purchase?
Biodegradable and high grip
Biodegradable and Shatter resistant
Metal & easy to install
Made in New Zealand
Important Installation Information
Before installing mulch matting or weed matting thorough eradication of weeds from the area to be covered is strongly recommended. We advise spraying the site with organic spray, allowing a day or two before installing the matting. After installation, its recommended to install plants with 1-2 weeks as leaving it exposed increases the risk of weed penetration. Plants will additionally provide shade to prevent new weed growth, and eventually establish to allow full canopy closure.
When installing the matting, we recommend rolling this out and if using more than one roll, ensure it overlaps by 10cm.
Pinning the matting - At the edges, pin every 0.5m metres and in the middle pin every 1m.
Planting it out - When planting out, using shears or a sharp pair of commercial scissors, cut an inverted T shape and open flaps to insert plant.
- EcoWool™ reduces planting stress - EcoWool stays damp for hours and allows effective penetration of water and fertilizer and circulation of air. These insulation properties reducing evaporation by absorbing moisture and in doing so releases heat. This keeps soil temperature up in cold conditions and protects against frosts.
- EcoWool™ feeds your plants - EcoWool contains the following nutrients: nitrogen, sulphur, sodium, potassium and magnesium. These nutrients are naturally released into the soil over time.
- EcoWool™ helps eliminate herbicide requirements - EcoWool is designed to block out a majority of sunlight thereby helping to suppress unwanted competing vegetation regrowth around the plant. No need for ongoing hazardous use of chemical herbicide sprays. Please note windblown seed can sometimes settle in the surface of the matting. Sprouting seeds may need to be removed as they occur.
- EcoWool™ is easy on the eye - Visual pollution is today a greater consideration on revegetation projects than ever before. EcoWool merges unobtrusively with the natural landscape, however it can slowly bleach in direct sunlight over time.
- EcoWool™ lasts the distance - EcoWool is designed to gradually biodegrade over a short-term period after installation (may reduce in wet conditions), giving plants ample time to get established free from competing weeds.
- EcoWool™ is environmentally friendly - EcoWool is manufactured from cleaned waste wool and is natural and fully biodegradable.